Unleash the magic of vinegar! There are so many uses including multiple tricks to keep your house and possessions clean. Here are 7 uses to clean on a budget with white vinegar.
1. Toilets - Pour a cup or more of vinegar into toilet bowl. Let this sit for over 3 hours, or overnight is even better. Scrub well with a toilet brush and flush. A squeaky clean toilet awaits you.
2. Carpet Stains - Mix 2 tablespoons salt dissolved in 1/2 cup vinegar. Let this solution sit for a while until it's completely dry. Vacuum once dried. For darker stains add 2 tablespoons of Borax and clean the same way.
3. Get rid of Smoke Odor - If you've burned food recently and are left with a smelly house, or you had a house guest that was a heavy smoker, chances are you want the smell gone quickly. Put a bowl full of vinegar in the room that the smell is the strongest. Use several bowls if the smell is very strong. The lingering smoke odor will be gone within a day.
4. Disinfect Cutting Boards - Disinfecting wooden cutting boards is a breeze with vinegar. Simply wipe boards with vinegar after every use. It's a great disinfectant and protects against Staph, E. Coli, and Salmonella.
5. Brighten Coffee & Tea Cups - Simply mix equal parts vinegar to baking soda and scrub your cups gently.
6. Dirty Faucets - Mix 1 teaspoon vinegar and 2 tablespoons salt. Apply to sink fixtures and rub with a cloth.
7. Washing Machine - Pour in 2 cups of vinegar and run your washing machine empty. If it's very dirty, fill with hot water and add 2 gallons vinegar and let the machine run for 8-10 minutes. Turn machine off and let the solution stand overnight. In the morning, empty vinegar solution, and run washer through a complete cycle with only water.
At Caring Senior Service, our expert staff is comprised of extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and trusted professionals who take pride in helping your loved one manage their daily activities. Contact us today to learn more!